Sunday, January 5, 2014

Santa Fe

When I think Santa Fe, I think warmth, adobe style buildings, a city rich in history and culture; so imagine my surprise when I was freezing my ass of here! Who knew this city actually sits higher than Park City; I knew they had a ski resort, but I was thinking it would be more like a bunny/sledding hill and not large mountains that actually had real snow! Lucky for us, I had a carload of clothing to keep us warm as we took to the historic district to explore the things I was actually prepared for.

Santa Fe is the oldest state capital in the United States, so imagine the history that this city holds! The preservation of the buildings is just phenomenal and that architecture, wow! We spent a large portion of the day walking around the historic district checking out the buildings, the art and all the tasty looking restaurants and bars that this city had to offer, all things that make a city great and Santa Fe delivered!

This city has an abundance of markets and restaurants that offer organic farm to table options and for those that know me well, know this is a huge factor when I choose a city I would like to visit again. Santa Fe is New Mexico's saving grace, the rest of the state, left a foul taste in my mouth! Well, I take that back, Roswell is pretty cute and kitsch fun.  Seriously though, after Farmington, this place was just what we needed and I am so glad we had the opportunity to visit it.






No comments:

Post a Comment