Sunday, December 1, 2013

CIAO!

"What is that feeling when you're driving away from people and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? -it's the too-huge world vaulting us, and its good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies." Jack Kerouac

This last week has been crazy and the reality of actually leaving Utah and the people that have been so influential in our lives has started to sink in. Saying good-bye is hard, ciao is much easier; it gives the hope and promise that we will so those we love again and soon.

Things that I thought would be easy, like giving up work, really took me for a whirlwind this last week. I have taught and trained at Daybreak for over two years now, and I officially taught my last class on Wednesday; I was overwhelmed by the emotion I felt leaving there. I know I only see them once a week, but you'd be surprised how much I care about the lives of my regulars, especially when you have seen them every week before the sun is even up, they're ready with smiles, and wanting the worst torture I can dish out. You learn a lot about people in two years; you see their weaknesses, you watch them progress, get stronger, you hear their stories and you want only success for them. I am going to miss you my Daybreak peeps, you have truly enriched my life! Thank you for everything!!! 

We also had the opportunity to say ciao to our friends and family this week as well; spending Thanksgiving with both Tom's and my family and then a big farewell open house yesterday. The open house and Thanksgiving holiday worked out perfect, giving us opportunity to spend time chatting and visiting with those dear to us, including some that we have not seen in quite a while. So thank you to everyone that came out, you truly made our day. Plus, we totally expect to see each and every one of you at some point along our crazy journey! 

Less than two weeks and two more places of employment (or should I say fun,) to say arriverderci to before we are out of Utah and officially road bound! We are trying to relax and enjoy the journey, but let's face it, packing sucks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment